Community Neighbor Highlight - SolarEclipse

Hi neighbors! We’re excited to highlight and introduce to you all a true staple in the Ring Community - @SolarEclipse. We like to showcase very special neighbors who have actively participated in the Community in a positive way and thank them for all their efforts. Whether they’re sharing their experience or starting a new discussion, these neighbors whom we highlight give helpful tips and feedback whenever they can.

@SolarEclipse, thank you for all the support and positive insights you have added to the Community! In addition to giving this neighbor a special shoutout, we have a set of questions for them to answer so you can get to know them better. Check out @SolarEclipse’s answers below to get to know your fellow neighbor a bit better!

• How did you first hear about Ring?

• Our old security system was being retired and we started looking for a new one. The wife really wanted a Ring doorbell, and after looking at the full alarm system and its reasonable price we decided to go with it.
  • How long have you been a Ring neighbor?

• Around 6 months.
  • How many Ring devices do you have?

• 3 cameras installed, 8 sensors, 1 outdoor plug-in, 1 chime, 1 keypad, 1 base station
  • Which Ring device is your favorite and why?

• The doorbell is the favorite as it detects motion before the person arrives to the door. We use the sound of dogs barking on the chime which we have fun with. Guests wonder where are dogs are (we have none)!
  • On a scale of 1-10, how “smart” is your home?

1. Other than Ring have same Kasa lights and plugs.
  • What type of smart phone, router, and other integration devices do you use with your Ring devices?

• Mines a Pixel and the wife’s an iPhone. I have setup an Orbi mesh router system. The garage door is tied into Ring so I can see when it is open/closed.
  • Have you had any positive, and/or funny Ring stories? If so, what happened?

• Just when guests are on the phone or visiting and the dogs barking on the chime goes off they look around or ask “where’s the dogs”?
  • What is your favorite feature about your Ring device?

• The motion sensing.
  • And for a fun question: What is your favorite dessert?

• Peanut Butter/Chocolate ice cream

Thanks again for being an awesome neighbor, @SolarEclipse! Let us and the Community know how you like your Ring swag care package. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The swag was nice but I didn’t know who the package was for at first because it had the wrong name on it. I almost refused shipment from UPS when they brought it here.
:clap:

2 Likes

Yay! Glad you got your Swag. :slight_smile:

Sorry about the name mishap; I promise we inputed yours, but the field may have autofilled with a team member who processed. We will keep an eye on that going forward. Thank you a bunch for returning to share this, and for being an amazing Community neighbor!