Community Guidelines

Thanks for your help, but your support team referred me to a subpoena instead of figure out anything about that email.

1 Like

I don’t know if your mods are getting lazy or burnt out, but instead of one troll getting whipped up into a frenzy we now have MOST of the comments being trolls. We also have people who are NOT in the area being allowed to comment on posts–people from 87121 being allowed to comment on 87123 when the immediately adjacent zip code is 87112. No matter how many reports we do, the same people keep cropping up and most of the community has given up trying to engage. Thanks for an expensive product that barely works under optimal conditions, otherwise fails, and supports rude behavior.

Hi @imouse1 - this is not the Neighbors App, which it seems to be what you’re talking about. Please review the Neighbors Community Guidelines, here.

1 Like

Hi We are James and Laurie from Texas. Happy to join the community :blush:

8 Likes

So I am very new to this community because somebody is taking videos without my consent and posting them and sending them all over the place first the account was under my daughter’s name Dakota Rogers and then she said she gave it to her friend Neely Allie. What I do in the privacy of my home is my business and how does your software and your cameras give people the right to record people without their consent and post it and send it to people I don’t understand this isn’t this a crime?

2 Likes

I wish I could say I was happy to join the community how do I make people stop recording me illegally and sending these videos without my consent to other people

I understand your frustration, I can feel it trust me I’ve got anger issues loll the best you can do is ignore the ignorant children that think they know anything about home safety and any it’s important. Forgive them for they do not know they are teenage brats!! Lol

1 Like

Thank you :v::v::v::v::v::v::v::v:

1 Like

My post about theives keeps getting taken down. You need to update your guidelines

2 Likes

I have a big issue problem with Ring… the option type of communicating is upto sh… t and the client service as well, their is no client service in South Africa as well… we need an e mail way of communication, Questions and Answers… :person_shrugging:asap…?

I’ve had Ring for several years now and had to deal with the STUPIDEST crap I’ve ever seen in the Neighbors area! Then Yesterday, I spot something that ALL my neighbors should be aware of and you pull this STUPID CRAP about “Community Guidelines” ARE you freaking kidding me! A NEWER truck goes down our street (which is out of the ordinary) with Antique tags on it looking into garages and THAT was not approved? I actually posted a picture of the truck but someone takes a picture of 2 guys repairing a sprinkler head and THAT’S APPROVED? WTF is going on here? I think I’ll be looking into ANOTHER security system company because APPARENTLY Ring has become WOKE!. This CRAP is CRAZY!

2 Likes

i’m getting the same thing as well,do anyone have an idea on how i can stop this people from sending me this stuff?

I would like to appeal this decision…I was a victim of car thief on Sunday by two males that were wearing hoodies .With the help of my neighbors the car was recovered by the Police …The next morning three individual was walking down the street stop in the front of my house and walk passed at 1:00 am and again at 2:04 am…I did notify the Police . I was told that people going around pulling on door handles on vehicle…I never mention race…You could clearly see their race…I said males instead of teens or men .I feel like this post was very helpful to my surroundings neighbors…I have seen post of someone in my yard or someone ring my doorway after hours…I totally in disagree with your decision after being a victim of car thief . I have been living in this neighborhood not even two months…Please review the two videos…This could help my neighbors and keep them aware …To make sure that their property is secure before they go to bed…I am currently out of town and have my keys in my possession…My car was still stolen …A neighbor who was violated and trying to stop this from happening again…Thank you in Advance…

1 Like

Hi @user37799. This is the Ring Community forum, which is not the same thing as the Neighbors app. When a post is removed from the Neighbors app due to violating the Neighbors Guidelines, you should receive an email notice. You can respond to this email to inquire about your post. If you cannot find this email, please reach out to communityalerts@cs.ring.com for more information.

1 Like

I’m having a ridiculous time getting in touch with someone regarding the “Community Guidelines”. First your Facebook contact gave me the wrong email address. When I found & tried the correct address, I keep getting a message from my gmail server saying that they can’t connect to it (for the record, it is communityalerts@csring.com that I am attempting to send an email to. )If you would actually like to help a customer, can you give me a working email address that I can direct my issue to?

1 Like

Hi @kitten99. These Community guidelines refer to the rules we have here in the Ring Community, peep-to-peer support forum. Are you having difficulty with a post on the Neighbors app? What is the specific issue you are having? Try searching your email for “Ring”. You may have to look in your junk/spam folders.

I tried to post something to the Neighbors App last week but it was rejected. It was a video of a stranger trespassing around my house and taking photos, so frankly I’m a little ticked off that it was rejected “because it did not meet the guidelines”. I’m sure most people would find such actions concerning, and the kind of thing my neighbors would like to be informed of, so I’m trying to find out what exactly constitutes the “not acceptable” response. As I mentioned I have tried several email addresses trying to reach somebody at Ring to give me an answer, and have had no response at all. Calling or messaging through the Ring website would be useless, as I need to submit the video for a concise answer from Ring. Can you be of any help or should I just figure that Ring doesn’t concern itself with strangers trespassing around their customers’ houses and taking photos? ETA: I have checked my junk/spam folders; I have checked my webmail via my provider’s website, there has been no answers. Period.

1 Like

Hi @kitten99. The Ring Community is different from the Neighbors app, so we do not have any access to information regarding why your post was removed. Typically an automatic email is sent when your post is removed, and you can reply to that email to inquire about your post. If you don’t see that email, you can send a message to communityalerts@cs.ring.com. Make sure to copy and paste that email address, as I know you mentioned it in a previous reply, but it was missing the period between “cs” and “ring”, which is why that email did not go through.

Would have been great if that was pointed out earlier. Ring keeps giving me the wrong email address to reply to. I will now try for the FOURTH time to reach someone there.