"Cloud Video Recording was not active when this event took place," message

I do have Record Motion turned on and my account is paid up until July 30. In my app History, I have motion and ring events listed, but when I click on any of them, it says:
“Recording Does Not Exist Sorry, but Cloud Video Recording was not active when this event took place.”

I’ve uninstalled/reinstalled the app and set up motion detection and recording, but every event since 5pm on 3/21 has no video.

Hey @FatGlenn. Since the app is reflecting that your plan is not active, I recommend to reach out to our support team here. They can make sure your plan is active so you do not run into this error message! Feel free to contact them via chat or phone.

Chelsea, do I need a subscription for video? It’s been working fine with my doorbell, but it won’t work with my floodlight

Hey @Novalani. In order to see your event history, you much have an active Ring Protect Plan, whether it is your trial or one you have paid for after. Without the Protect Plan, you will be unable to see your event history. Please note that Live View does not require a plan and should still work for you!

can any one help, i have motion and ring events but when i click on them it says cloud video recording not active

Hey @SharonPrs. For further assistance here, please reach out to our support team so they can take a deeper look into your account for you. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

I started having this issue yesterday and I’m paid up on my account until April 2021. The above info was not helpful and going to the “Chat” link is useless. I hate to have to sit on hold when calling someone. Frustrating! I’m having horrible customer support flashbacks from dealilng with XM Radio and DirecTV…

1 Like

In order to see your event history, you much have an active Ring Protect Plan, whether it is your trial or one you have paid for after. Without the Protect Plan, you will be unable to see your event history. Please note that Live View does not require a plan and should still work for you!

If you are having trouble with your event history and subscription still, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.

1 Like

I have a paid up subscription, and have nothing on timeline. When I click on my history it says cloud active was not recording too? I don’t pay my subscription for this. Any expectation when this will be resolved?

Hi @user1221. If you click on the Red Banner at the top of the Ring Community page, you’ll see that there is a temporary outage that is affecting your Event History Timeline. It’s always a good idea to check status.ring.com to see if there is anything that could be affecting your Ring app experience. I hope this helps!