Choppy audio and video

I just set up my new Ring 3 Plus. In testing it the audio is very choppy as well as the video. I tested the WIFI signal at the doorbell and it reads 83%. I can watch a HD movie with my Samsung tablet while standing right next to it with no issues. I tried changing the channel on my DSL router but that didn’t make any difference. All the videos I watched before purchasing it were seamless and clear. Any suggestions on how to fix this?

Hi @tae111. For choppy audio and video, I would recommend looking at our Help Center Article on this exact concern here. It will have you check a lot of the basics almost like a checklist to help narrow down what might be causing these performance concerns. If you can’t find an answer there, our support team is available to assist further. You can give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

Your support articles dealing with this subject say you need at least 1Mbps for the Ring to work. I have 5 .5 Mbps at the doorbell. I also tried installing a WIFI extender closer to the doorbell. My WIFI signal app shows 100% at the doorbell and I changed my WIFI channel to 11 as was suggested. Still choppy audio. Plus if someone rings the bell it takes so long to access the Ring app that they leave thinking no one is home. I really wanted to like this Ring Plus 3 but so far it’s not really working out the way it shows on the videos.