Chimes in the house not working

I have Video Doorbell and three chimes in the house. All has worked perfectly…until recently. All the chimes in the house are silent. I have checked the app and these are all set to sound and work correctly.

The doorbell rings outside, but none of the chimes inside sound. Internet is good throughout the house. If I take the battery out of the doorbell and re-inset, the system work again with the chimes working in the house. Thsi proves the system and app are setup correctly.

App says firmware is up to date.

It is a pain because we keep missing deliveries. The chime failure just rears its ugly head again.

Any ideas please? Thank you in advance.

Thank you for coming to us @Mark67! We’re here to help.

It is certainly odd to hear all 3 Chimes are not working as intended. The best first step will be to check your assigned tones. Please check the chime tones section for each Chime in the Ring app to confirm there is a tone selected. Feel free to check other alert, volume, and tones settings at this time.

If this did not resolve your Chime alerts concern, you may need to unlink and re-link the Doorbell to the Chimes in the Ring app (linked devices). Feel free to test each Chime one by one as you re-link. It’s always best to also ensure these Chimes are well within range of both your wifi router and Doorbell, for the most efficient delivery of alerts between each device. I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

Thanks for your reply Marley_Ring.

I have checked the ring app and everythign is setup fine. This is confirmed for me also because when the ring video unit is restarted, everything works again. If there were problems with the setup in the app or on the individual chimes, this would not happen.

I will happily try unlinking the chimes and re-linking them but cannot see the logic of this as they work when the ring video unit is rebooted. For me, it sounds like a faulty ring video unit, which is a shame as it is just over a year old and out of warranty.

Sorry to hear that didn’t work, @Mark67. It is certainly odd to hear that upon reset, or initial reconnection, the chimes work momentarily. As you’ve covered many steps here, resetting all of the Ring devices in question might work. For your Video Doorbell, a reset is performed by holding the setup button for 20 seconds. For your Chime devices, holding the setup button for 15 seconds will reset them.

Once the reset is complete, the devices will need to be setup again. If this does not result in the intended operation of your Doorbell and Chimes, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.