ChimePro - did I need to buy this?

Hello all, just purchased a Ring Doorbell 4, As well as a Chime Pro. I bought the chime because I want to be able to hear when the doorbell rings OTHER than from my devices as I am not always near one. When trying to decide if I should buy the chime or the Chime Pro I read some reviews stating the original Chime was hard to hear so I purchased what I thought was a better one. But in setting it up I’m thinking that’s not what this one is for. I do not want to connect my doorbell to the chimes WiFi, I want to keep it connected with my router and place the chime in a central location where I can hear the doorbell from all rooms in my apartment. Is this possible?

Hi @Rabakah. Yes, it is possible to connect your Video Doorbell 4 to your home wifi instead of connecting it to your Chime Pros network. When you go through the set up for your Video Doorbell it may ask if you want to join the Chime Pros network or home wifi. Make sure to select “Connect To Home Wifi”. You will only see this prompt if you set up Chime Pro first and then the Video Doorbell. Once both devices are set up, follow these steps to have your Chime Pro sound an alert whenever your Video Doorbell is rung:

• Tap the three lines on the top left of the Ring app and tap Devices from the menu on the left.

• Tap on the device you want to connect to the Chime Pro.

• Once you’re on the screen with the device you have selected, tap on the Linked Chimes tile.

• Choose from the settings on the Linked Chimes screen to set your ring and/or motion notifications.

I hope this helps! :slightly_smiling_face: