Chime snooze schedule

Please add a Chime snooze schedule to silence chimes. I still want to receive motion alerts on my phone app, but my elderly parents can’t sleep when chimes sound during the night.

10 Likes

+1. I don’t want the Chime to ring during the day when I’m on videocalls/etc., but I do want to hear an alert in the middle of the night. I was excited to learn about the Chime because I keep my phone in DND mode at night, which squelches Ring alerts. But, I’m not great at remembering to do something manually every day, nor (imo) should I need to… I’d much prefer the ability to schedule sounds or silence. Thanks–

Also add option to modes, home = existing in-house original doorbell chime will sound. away = in-house chime is not used. We have a dog who is very annoyed by the chime and if we are not home, there is no reason for it to make a sound. There is already an option for this but its not linked to modes or to any schedule. Its just a manual settings. Video Doorbell 3.

Dear Ring, It would be wonderful if you would add an option to SCHEDULE the chime to snooze for the doorbell. Sometimes our postal worker rings the doorbell earlier that we would like and I would rather not be woken up. Thank you! :slight_smile:

Adding my request for a chime snooze schedule to this thread. I’d like to snooze motion sensors in my backyard during the night, so that a raccoon wandering through my yard doesn’t wake me up from a deep sleep. It’s a lot to manually snooze the chime every night.

The CHIMES are useless as a notification device. They are currently only good as a way to hear the door bell in different rooms. The integration is almost no existent. If you want to silence a CAMS notification, the snooze will stop alerts to your phone but will still trigger the Chimes. You have to manually, schedule a temporary delay for each chime.

They need to have a schedule that is controlled when other notifications are turned off and on.

Until then, I have to unlink the chimes from camera due to false alarms during the night (Animals, yes I am in people mode, it still triggers on small dears and even rabbits).

Okay, doing some further testing. Only a few minutes into it and using the Motion Schedule feature for each cam. It seems that when I suppress notifications based on a schedule, it also mutes the Chime alerting… I will update if this is true and consistent. I need to test over a long period because the changed made in the app seem to be slow to activate.

If so, this would be great. I just have to wait for a dedicated Chime Snooze feature.