Chime Pro + TP Link Deco Mesh

I have a Ring Pro 2 doorbell and five additional cameras installed around my property all connected to a TP Link Deco M4 mesh system. Everything is working great. The problem I’m having is with my regular, hardwired standard doorbell. When I installed the new Ring Pro 2, the regular doorbell stopped working. I installed the new power module that came with the Ring Pro 2, still nothing. I even replaced my transformer but that didn’t help. The doorbell is getting sufficient power from the transformer (18v). Other than replacing the doorbell unit itself, I am at a loss as to why it doesn’t work.

I’d like to remove my old standard doorbell and replace it with a Chime Pro, but can I get the Chime Pro work with my mesh system? I really don’t want to switch all my devices over to Ring extenders.

Hi @ppd417. I’d recommend making sure that your internal chime kit is on the list of compatible chime kits for the Ring Doorbell Pro 2. If your chime kit isn’t compatible, that is likely why it is not ringing when the Doorbell button is pressed. With that said, you shouldn’t have any problems using a Ring Chime or Ring Chime Pro to hear audible alerts in your home. The Ring Chime isn’t a wifi extender and will function to play alerts whenever the Doorbell is pressed or there’s motion at the door, while the Chime Pro does work as a wifi extender for Ring devices only. You can use either one in this scenario, but if your Doorbell’s connection is already strong, then a Chime may be a better fit than the Chime Pro.