Chime Pro Not Working!

Hi,

I have just bought a Chime Pro 2nd gen from someone who said they couldn’t install it.

I have tried about 30 times to install and the system ultimately flashes blue, but only if I hold the plug in exactly the same place otherwise it goes off completely. One time I managed to get it talking to me after many attempts at holding the side button.

When I connected to the doorbell, it told me the chime pro signal was strong (full bars) but the doorbell was too weak and to move the chime. Even using the plug socket next to the doorbell I can get a signal on the chime but it says it is too weak to power the doorbell (it’s literally 3 steps away!).

Does this sound like a faulty unit? I’ve lost an hour so far just attempting to set it up

Hi @AdamH92. First rule out any potential wifi interference around the Chime Pro, such as other electronic devices or thick walls, and ensure it’s placed at around a halfway point between your wifi router and your Doorbell. It’s also important to note that the Chime Pro shouldn’t be more than 20-25 feet from the wifi router.

If this concern persists, I’d recommend following up with our support team so they can take a closer look. It’s possible the Chime Pro is damaged in some way, which could be impacting its ability to be set up and maintain a good wifi connection. You can give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.