Chime Pro blinks all night, but only at night

Chime Pro and all accessories working fine. But every night, the Chime Pro blinks all night. The blue light blinks constantly. It’s in the bedroom, and makes us nuts. Why is it always blinking? And only at night? I can see that it stops blinking around dawn, and never seems to blink during the day. What’s up?

Hi @kengetz. What generation Chime do you have? If you have a 2nd Gen Chime, you can turn off the nightlight feature! This can be done in the Ring app by selecting-

Menu > Devices > Chime > Nightlight to toggle it off. Let me know if this helps!

Must be an older version, as that option doesn’t exist. And, to be honest, I can cover up the light. My question is WHY is it blinking? Is something wrong with it?

Hi @kengetz. I apologize, I thought you were referring to our Generation 2 Chime nightlight. If you have the Chime Generation 1, and you keep seeing a blue flashing light, that means the devices may be rebooting. If this is happening frequently, there may be something our support team needs to investigate. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.