Chime not setting up

Hi,

I noticed my Chime not announcing calls at the door today and I knew there was someone due to the Alexa warning me and motion announcements, so I decided I would reset it by setting it up it was fairly easy to do before. Now nothing, it refuses to open keeps telling me there was an error try rebooting the router which I have and it’s not that as my other Ring items are very delicate flowers and if there was a problem they would tell me way before I knew anything.

The only thing I can think of is I changed/organised my wifi so that I could tell the difference between the 2.4GHz and the 5GHz surely that can’t be the issue can it?

Ideas at all, oh I did turn off the smart switch as described before.

Hi @JonLeda. In this situation, you can try resetting your Chime. You can do this by pressing and holding the reset button for 20 seconds. You will need a paperclip to do this if you have a generation 1 Chime. After the Chime resets, you should be able to set it back up. If you are still unable to setup your Chime, you may need to contact our support team to help you with this. Please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times. I hope this helps!