Charging Station: Crashing?

I moved it to a different socket - it still locks up, in less than 24 hours (one battery slot) and less than 36 hours for both battery slots.

Here’s a timeline of my testing (note that times are approximate when “lock up” LEDs illuminated, as I wasn’t monitoring it that regularly!). Also apologies for the lighting, my room isn’t really nicotine yellow… I blame my Android camera!

1. 18:32:34 on 01 Nov - Freshly powered up in a different mains socket. Charging a battery in the bottom slot (bottom LED is flashing):

1. 18:54:11 on 01 Nov - Charging complete in bottom slot, all 4 lights solid:

1. 18:54:39 on 01 Nov - Battery removed, lights out:

1. 17:48:54 on 02 Nov - LED on empty top slot has now become lit, and this slot won’t begin a charge when a battery is inserted. The bottom slot is empty in the photo (the battery is not slid fully home) - I did temporarily push home the battery and it began charging in the bottom slot (I then removed it again):

1. 00:02:01 on 03 Nov - LED on empty bottom slot is now lit (again, battery is not fully inserted):

1. 00:02:11 on 03 Nov - Battery is now fully inserted in the bottom slot, but it does not charge, and the LEDs do not change (they remain permanently “locked up” until power cycle):

So it took less than 24 hours for one battery slot to “lock up”, and then less than another 8 hours for the second battery slot to “lock up”.

I will contact support for a replacement, but this seems to be a recurring issue - it has been reported here on the forum (OP took a refund) and also on a review on the UK Amazon product page - both original and replacement failed identically.

In all images discussing this issue, they fail in the same way with the same static “stuck on” LED(s) as mine:

It’s a little worrying that replacements have the same issue - this suggests either a design or manufacturing/QA issue. :man_shrugging: