Change ringtone by doorbell

I have multiple doorbells at my house, but I can’t differentiate which doorbell is pressed. That’s because notifications are the same for any and all doorbells, whether they’re sounded by chime, chime pro or phone/tablet app.

This is very frustrating… and not that useful… Any plans to add a ring sound by doorbell, or have I missed the option somewhere?

1 Like

Hi @AllanBehrens. You can change the Ring App alert tone based on which Doorbell it is. For the Chime and Chime Pro, it will only differentiate between a Doorbell ring or a motion alert. You can find steps on how to change the alert tone in the Ring App in our Help Center Article here. I hope this helps out! :slight_smile:

Hi, I actually want to change my (3) connected Chimes and Chimes pro’s to ring with different sounds when (a) different doorbells is rung. The fix you gave me only alters the ring on the individual’s phone app, by phone. For multiple people in the house, one needs to apply the ring by doorbell change by phone, but that still doesn’t affect the home Chimes/Chimes Pros. Any advice?

@AllanBehrens The Chime Pro and Chime can only differentiate alert tones between a Doorbell ring or a motion alert. At this time, you’re not able to choose a different tone for each Ring device that is associated with the Chime or Chime Pro. As we value our neighbors’ feedback, we’ve created a Feature Request (https://community.ring.com/c/products/24) board. Feel free to add this and any future feature requests there. This will help us to organize and share your requests with our teams here, as well as allow other neighbors to comment and add interest, all in one place. Feel free to link that post you make in the Feature Request board here so other neighbors that come to this thread can easily find your feature!