Cellular back-up not working

I’ve had trouble with my WiFi and it looks set to continue for the next 24 hours, meaning my alarm has been offline and I’ve been unable to set it. I pay for the Protect Plus plan but I haven’t received cellular back-up which I usually do. Does anyone know why this would be the case?

Thanks for confirming your Protect Plus Plan subscription is active, as this is the best first thing to check when cellular backup is not working. Please also check your own cellular coverage in your home to ensure there are no poor signal areas. As mentioned in this article below, your Alarm Base Station should automatically use cellular backup when internet connection is lost.

If this concern persists, our support team can take a closer look for you. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.

1 Like

I am having this exact issue, except it used to show the cellular bars and now it doesn’t. My Ring alarm’s base station does not kick into cellular backup anymore. It’s been like that for at least 3 months. Contacted Ring and they just said their engineering team is looking into it but has no ETA on a resolution. They also informed me a small number of users are experiencing this. Pretty disappointing they aren’t giving it much urgency. An alarm without cellular backup is a security risk. Has it been resolved for you?

1 Like

That’s really sad to see ring still hasn’t fixed the issue in almost 6 months…

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.