Careful Whisper

Hello all,

Just installed a Ring Doorbell 2 and having a slight issue.

Have been having a play and making sure it’s all setup as required but is there anyway at all to turn my voice volume down? Sounds like I’m shouting at anyone who comes to the door, it’s so bad I can hear myself from other side of the house coming through the Ring!

Only way to solve it is to whisper as quietly as possible but that will be fairly useless if I’m out and about. I’ve messed about with the volume settings on my phone but didn’t change anything apart from muting the person at the door. It’s far too bad to use, people in the next street will be able to hear my conversations!

I’ve used the slider in the app under general settings but as far as I can tell, all that did was turn the chime volume down and didn’t effect my talking to a visitor at all.

I’ve had to remove the Doorbell for now as I really can’t use it at moment.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Hi there, @CoreyDog! The volume level for two way audio cannot be adjusted at this time. The volume slider found in the general settings area is to control the audible sound when your Doorbell button is pushed. As for two way talk, this audio can be controlled via the microphone and speaker toggles on the live video screen.

As we always value our neighbors’ feedback, feel free to add this request on our Feature Request Board. This way other neighbors can share their interest in one place, that we can organize and share with our teams here. :slight_smile: