Can't turn off Event History Timeline feature

I woke up to the timeline feature being permanent now. I don’t like it! Horrible reception, time consuming, not picking up not even the mailman! I want the old “live” view and history format back! Anyone else with issues?
I have Ring cameras in two states, battery and wired from doorbells to spotlights.

5 Likes

What is the purpose of making this stupid timeline mandatory? It’s one more click which in software development is absolutely less productive. Who in their right mind wants to endlessly scroll to find an entry? It’s absolutely ridiculous.

Just make it an option to turn on/off as it was!

5 Likes

The event history timeline is a bad feature and should be dumped

3 Likes

The only thing that would help would be to get rid of the stupid timeline

2 Likes

Your teams are not improving the app they are turning it into crap.

3 Likes

NO! I’m not saying that, just let us be able to turn the crap off.

1 Like

WORST FEATURE EVER!!! Never should have taken the option away for us to change it back.

2 Likes

I second this. The timeline is a horrendous piece of bloatware that is completely unnecessary. I cannot get my head around why they would remove the option to display a simple logical list of events.

1 Like

I have asked that the ability for timeline to be turned of be re instated in the
“FEATURE REQUEST BOARD”
HEAD OVER AND CAST YOUR VOTE!!

3 Likes

Can someone please explain the logic behind removing the simple list of events, and forcing everyone to have to use the timeline feature? I hate the timeline, I had it turned off the entire time, and now the option to remove it has been taken away. Ring, we chose to buy these products, and they aren’t cheap. Please listen to the people who invest in your products, and enable us to turn that ridiculous timeline off!!!

3 Likes

FYI. Timelines also interrupts camera function. Delivery people have walked right by one of my cameras and it doesn’t record their passage. Animals have passed by cameras leaving tracks and two of those cameras aren’t recording. Never had this issue with timeliness disabled but I will sue Amazon if there is a break-in.

2 Likes

Please bring back the ability to turn off the timeline. Forcing users to adopt a clearly horrific user experience is in very bad form. Just because a Product Designer or Product Manager decided they wanted to have some fun doesn’t mean you can ruin the way people experience your product. What user research went into this? What problem is timeline solving? Nothing! It just looks cool on an a commercial and probably shows your investors you’re using your R&D money. Fix it! Please! Such a waste of mobile real estate.

3 Likes

I hate the timeline feature. Just to look and see what’s going on outside I have to create a video. Is that the most ridiculous thing ever? So many videos I just want to see what the heck is going on outside.

1 Like

Please bring it back you are suppose to listen to your customers noone is happy about this change… the event timeline is inconvenient for users. And we pay to use ring so why not give us what we want

1 Like

Bring back the option to turn it off! Maybe you developers like it, but we the users don’t! At least some of us. What’s wrong with giving us the option? Then ALL your users could be happy.

1 Like

Thanx, that helps. But now we have to tap a tiny icon instead of the thumbnail. If there’s a way to bypass the timeline view, as you’ve shown, then why take away the option to turn it off? The more choices users have; the more control they have over their own gear, the happier they customer is. Makes no sense to take the option away.

I voted. Everyone commenting on this discussion should as well.

I have turned off the timeline view many times. Sooner or later it always got turned back on somehow. I did not turn it on.

Luckily, it was still turned off when the option went away so it remains off for me. I expect it will eventually turn on again for me and I’ll have no way to turn it off.

I voted to bring back the option to turn it off.

I hate the Timeline feature!!! I’m willing to get an alternative video doorbell! I had the feature turned off for a reason. It’s CRAP!! Please let me have the option to control my stuff. Please and Thank you

1 Like

Totally agree, I hate this timeline feature
I also called in to complain that it turned on without even doing an update.
They told me that they have the ability to update some features without the user doing and update.
So much for privacy lol I didn’t update my app because I read all the issues with timeline.

This feature sucks and the company clearly doesn’t care about the paying customers and what they want. The app now is so slow and lags because of it and by the time it opens the person is walking away lol.
It’s Completely useless