Can't set up ring doorbell

Hi all,

So I received my Ring doorbell 2 today. I just can’t complete set up- I have tried everything that I can see from my google searches.

So my phone pops up with a message saying connect to “Ring 11”. I press connect - it says successful. I get to the next screen where it says phone is talking to the app- this make take a while. Usually after 2-5 seconds I get an error message and it promts me to start the process again.

This I have done:

1. Ensured I have a good connection - 100MPS
  2. I am close to the router
  3. 2.4Ghz connection
  4. Channel 1 on router
  5. turned off setting on my android which auto goes to mobile network

It just won’t connect - please help

Thanks

Hi

Did it ask you to scan the QR code on the back of your doorbell with your phone, if not start again.

Hope this helps.

Brins

I installed a 3

the instructions are somewhat very vague.

I eventually found yout that scanning the MAC code on the box as instructed failed to install 10 times.

I used the tiny bar code on the back of the bell, having had to un-install it first (as the supplied instructions said too) and that eventually worked.

I must say, ‘awful instructions’, when you get the app to finally work and it took 12 hours due to an unannounced failure of the Ring Web service (I had to phone for 30 minutes) the video then tells you the method I have outlined.

The method in the box booklet does not.

I have a degeee in IT, this is not end user friendly.

Hey neighbors! Thank you for helping each other out in this thread as we experience some outages with the Ring app and Ring.com. Please note that the issues within the app and the website would have been affecting this feature, but as of Nov 27, 11:44 UTC, a fix has been implemented and we are monitoring the results. If you are still experiencing any further issues with your Ring devices and how they were behaving previously, I recommend giving our support team a call so they can look into this further. You can give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

Yes but can’t find any QR code. Had it 18mths. Doorbell 3