Can't Set Up New Doorbell Pro

I was having trouble with my Ring Doorbell Pro that ultimately led to Ring shipping me a brand new one. The new one has arrived, and I can’t get it set up… Once I installed the new Doorbell Pro, it started flashing white in the top half of the ring only and would never enter setup mode (I tried letting it sit for several hours to charge/update, pressing and holding the side button to factory reset it, and pressing the side button once on the side to enter set-up mode… none of those worked). All it will do is sit there and flash a white light in the top half of the circle (and the website says this is a WiFi password issues despite me not even connecting to the internet yet). If I click the middle doorbell button, it will now spin in blue a few times and make a sound like it’s ringing, but then it goes back to blinking in white. It also won’t ring my actual doorbell chime inside the house (just a sound coming from the ring itself). It’s been wired in for a day now and is staying on, so I assume it’s not a power issue. I can’t even enter set up mode to do anything on the app. Can anyone help? I have some videos if that helps.

Hi @ryanmoli. Would you mind following up with our support team on this matter? Since the Doorbell was already replaced and it is still not setting up properly, it would be best to log this with our support team so they can help diagnose the problem. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

The same happend to me. The doorbell is defective. After extensive debugging on the phone, the agent agreed to send me another replacement and put me on hold while he wrote up the replacement. While on hold we were disconnected.

After a few minutes I received an email with some documentaiton about wiring the doorbell (that I had already seen) and a suggestion that I call back to get more assistance. No replacement doorbell!

I tried callng back, but the agent’s voice was to hard to hear. Our phone had no problems with any other calls so I can only assume this was Ring’s phone system.

I have been with ring for a long time and their product reliability and customer support has gone way down in quality. Since my original defective Doorbell is within it’s return window, I am returning it and buying an Eufy.