Can't login to Win10 App - error code 0x80131500

Add me to the growing list of disgruntled Windows 10 users who cant use the Ring app. Just what does our subscription pay for?

2 Likes

Add me to the list of unhappy Win10/Ring app users, same issue as everyone else. I can no longer use my PC for this app. Get it together Ring - you’re losing customers…

1 Like

And actually it is NOT RESOLVED - you need to remove that, it’s not true.

I have removed the app, rebooted (started up with nothing running), reinstalled three times I followed all the steps and still get the same results. It does not work.

3 Likes

Blasted Ring and Windows App!!

That is a no-go for the Windows app. Terrible support I see as no one has a solution or Ring doesn’t care to investigate and fix with Windows support. I am posting this to Windows support. Everyone join in to get this major issue solved!!

Why is it Ring makes everything difficult? 2-factor auth difficult to use in the email when the browser isn’t recognized. Instructions are incorrect for verifying. Had to switch to phone instead of email. I also bypassed the browser 2-factor auth by just refreshing my browser.

2 Likes

I used to get this error occasionally on Windows 10 - it usually resolved itself in a day or so. Now, with a new computer, no such luck. Just 0x80131500 over and over. Very, very unhappy, as I used to use the Windows machine to monitor the system. I logged into the browser as my only option for monitoring, which logged me out shortly thereafter. How useful. And it is asking me to generate a code whenever I sign in, even though I’ve signed in on this browser multiple times. Which means I have to always have my phone at hand anyway to log in over and over, which I can’t always do.

It’s starting to feel like I spent a lot of money on equipment that I can’t conveniently monitor anymore. Surely other systems have a working Windows app.

2 Likes

I have tried all these things working with a Ring technician and it didn’t work.

2 Likes

Still having this problem on Windows 10 inspite of several reinstalls and reboots.

2 Likes

Am having this issue today with iOS and Android devices.

Cannot login to app via mobile devices when they are connected to WiFi ('An error occur trying to perform the operation. Try again later. )
Cannot login to Windows apps on PC (error code 0x80131500 - ‘Something went wrong’).

What’s going on Ring? Sidewalk rollout being stimied?

1 Like

Am having this issue today with iOS and Android devices.

Cannot login to app via mobile devices when they are connected to WiFi ('An error occur trying to perform the operation. Try again later. )
Cannot login to Windows apps on PC (error code 0x80131500 - ‘Something went wrong’).

What’s going on Ring? Sidewalk rollout being stimied?

1 Like

I have been getting this error code on Windows 10 for weeks. I called in about a week ago and after about 30 minutes they admitted it just doesn’t work and don;t know whne it will be fixed. This was after chat indicated that they no longer help on things like this in chat.

Just from my personal observation, Ring support went in the toilet after the Amazon Acq.

1 Like

I have been using my doorbell 2 for almost two years,now I have a problem logging into the Ring app.I changed the password for my app and now I can’t log in to my computer. I have an operating system windows 10.Information what I see on the screen it (error code is 0x80131500)

there is no button

Smae issue… I’ll return it for google cam

Got a new PC, loaded the APP for WIN 10, got same error everyone is talking about… none of the fixes work… Product and support have gone downhill.

My work around was to load an Android emulator on the PC (Bluestacks). Then added the Ring app for the mobile… it works fine.

They should take off the “resolved” label. its baaack!

Same error 0x80131500 for over a month now. RING, my dear neighbor, At least address the issue with something like “we are aware, we’re working on it, we’ll let You know once it gets resolved”, but don’t show this green SOLVED sign when for all those people it’s not SOLVED and You took our money and still are taking it monthly from me, and I’m not getting the service I was promised. AMATEURS !

1 Like

I have had this error happen to me on my WIndows 10 computer. No suggested fix on these boards has worked (and I have read every post ad nausium). BUT, I have found a work around that works for me.

Ther is some free software for PC called BlueStacks. I am not going to link anything, just use your Google-Fu and you shall find it. Anyway, BlueStacks is an emulation program that lets you run Android apps on your computer. I have used it for other games and after all this mess with the Ring Windows App, I said screw it and tried the Android app on it. It works like a champ!! Its the exact same interface as on my Samsung as it is the exact same app!!! Check the attached pic!

Some may like it, some may not. For me, its good. I just wanted to throw it out there.

1 Like

I downloaded the BlueStacks, it was slower than surfing the internet with my old Commodore Vic 20. Totally unworkable solution.

The ring App worked on all 3 of my windows 10 devices, then at some point quit working on this one, the other two still work.

The web based works but the download app does not any longer.

Hey Marley-Ring THIS DOES NOT WORK. I have uninstalled and restarted the computer, I have uninstalled and turned the computer completely off multiple times and restarted. I have used CClean to uninstall and run the cleaner on the recycle bin then turned off the computer and then restarted. Oh wait it did work… until I clicked away from the ring app and tried to come back… right back to square one. Could someone at Ring please, PLEASE be honest and just admit that you are all unsure of the problem and how to correct it. I will agree that my issues did begin last month after a Windows 10 update, maybe someone could try working with Microsoft and actually come up with a work around or update.

Same issue here. Running Windows 10 Version 2004, and a new install of Ring app 2.5.8. I won’t buy any more Ring products and expand my subscription until this if fixed. I don’t want to look at Live View on a little tiny phone screen.

Anyone else having these problems with their Ring app on their PC?

Such as:

1). App constantly returns an error code when I log in.

2). I am not getting any sound notifications at all.

3). There is NO WAY to adjust motion fields.

4). New features are not available on the PC version that are on the cell phone version.

I have the latest version of Windows 10 installed on my PC. Could that be the problem? The app USED to work before this was installed. Any help/advice appreciated.

1 Like