Cant go live

Hey guys, my camera takes more than 30 sec to go live. And most of the time doesnt connect. How can I fix that?

Hey @Jmgweb. What is the RSSI for your device? You can learn more about RSSI and what it means in our Community post here.

@Jmgweb Have you ever tried the Rapid Ring app? While your RSSI is rather low and shouldn’t be a concern with the loading time, it may be the connection your phone has to the Ring app when trying to log the Live View. Could you try the Rapid Ring app, trigger your device to go off, and see how the load times are on there?

Did work once then no… I wonder what is wrong… defective unit?

@Jmgweb The only team that could verify if the device is defective and needs to be replaced will be our support team here. If you would like tailored and more efficient support on this, I recommend to give them a call to see if this is the case. Feel free to come back to this forum after reaching out to them to let us know how it goes, as this may help other neighbors!

1 Like

Rapid ring makes it much better! Thanks. I have tried on several occasions and it does connect. I have found that when you disconnect you have to wait a minute or so to reconnect. Otherwise it won’t work. I have no idea if this maies sense or not… but this is what happens with Rapid Ring. Btw, full Ring app still doesnt connect at all except when someone rings at the door.

1 Like

@Jmgweb I’m so happy to hear that’s working out for you, awesome news! Also, thank you for that followup all in all. :slight_smile:

Your point does make sense and I completely agree with waiting a minute or so before re-activating, if need be. This is probably due to the fact that once you end a Live View or a recording is ending, the video needs to process and then send over to the cloud for your storage, so the camera portion just needs a minute to refresh itself!