Cannot share video

I am trying to share video to save on computer via get link. like I usually do.

When I attempt to do this it says “Now saying this video is no longer available The person who owns video has decided to remove it”

What’s going on?

Hey @Jewel1. Are you listed as a shared user or an owner for the account? The owner can delete videos at any time, or it’s possible it may be been deleted by error when you were previously viewing it. Once a video is removed, it’s unable to be downloaded or a share link is unable to be created for it.

If you need additional help with this, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

I’ve noticed a possibly similar issue on Jun 30-Jul 1 (Pacific) where clicking on the Share link, then Get Link resulted in an error saying something to the effect of the video not being available, but if you clicked out of that error message and clicked Get Link and kept doing both 4-10 times, the Share link eventually came up. This was from the owner account.

However, I have now on Jul 3-Jul 4 (Pacific) noticed that the Share link isn’t even available when viewing an individual video so you can’t get to the Get Link option anymore. Both on Chrome and Safari on Mac OS X and Chrome and IE on Windows. Was this feature/link accidentally removed? The help doc on how to download a video (https://support.ring.com/hc/en-us/articles/115001834066-Downloading-Your-Ring-Videos) hasn’t changed so it doesn’t seem like the interface has intentionally changed.

Hi @jenfer. Thanks for putting this information here! I would love to look more into this. Could you potentially take a screenshot of where this missing link should be, or a screen recording of what this action looks like when trying to get the link and it not being there? Is this only when getting a link on the website, or is this also when trying to create a link on the mobile app?

Thank you.

They have definitely changed the functionality of saving video with no notice.

I am the owner of the account.

I am the owner of the account. When you sign in on the website you cannot save the video, keeps saying unable to be shared not owner. There is another section where you can download it but it takes longer.

This is when signing in on your website

Hey @Jewel1, happy to chime in for Chelsea here. Since this concern persists, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers availablehere. They’ll be able to take a look at your account and document this concern with getting the share link for your videos. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19here to see how to contact support.

Hi, Is this definitely not a new feature that you have introduced without notice?

Hey @Jewel1. If you are the owner of the account, you should be able to share the videos without a problem and download them as well, whether this is from the Ring app or the website. Since you’re getting a message stating you are not the owner when you are, this is why we are urging you to reach out directly to our support team to get this sorted out.

I’ve just contacted support. The format has changed. Why? I have no idea.

When you sign in have to go to control centre then share from there. It is slow and clunky to use. The buttons at the bottom of the video clip to share you can hardly see.

Who do I email a complaint to in management? It is ridiculous. No notice and it did not need changing. The format which it has been changed to is ridiculous.