Cannot Purchase a Plan; Cannot get a hold of anyone from Ring

Hello,

I want to purchase a Pro plan and buy 4 or so solar cameras and some wifi extenders from Ring. I don’t currently have any Ring products. Any time I try to subscribe from the website or the app it tells me I don’t have any plans, and/or redirects me to download the app (which I have). Calling Ring just gives me a short recorded message with no option to talk to anyone.

So far I am not impressed with customer service. HOW ON EARTH CAN I GIVE THEM MY MONEY?! Do I have to buy a device first, subscribe, then buy the rest of the order? Was trying to get the 10% discount for having the Pro plan, but this is turning into a lot of hassle for 10%…

Anyway, thanks for any insight you can help me to solve my subscription woes.

2 Likes

Hey @m2111. Happy to clear this up for you! In order to purchase a plan and subscribe to it to get the 10% discount, you will need to have a device already purchased and set up on your account. Without a device on your account, the plan cannot be purchased as there is no device to associate it with. I recommend getting a device first, setting it up, and then purchasing the plan so you can then use the discount on all other devices you! In addition, please find a full list of what you can use the discount on here. :slight_smile:

I’m in the same situation. I have a device that I purchased a year ago. The trial ended and now I’m trying to purchase a plan. When I attempted to set this up, my account is now telling me that I need to get the owner to share the device when I’m the only owner. The customer service is so horrible.

2 Likes

need to find out how to purchase a plan

Same thing. Can’t get ahold of anyone and the system doesn’t work. My credit card is zero balance and the change is applied and then reversed.

Hey neighbors! If you’re having any concerns with purchasing the plan you need, you will need to reach out to our support team to get this addressed. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. **As of June 14, English phone support is available 3AM - 11PM PDT, seven days a week. **** Chat is also available 5AM - 9PM PDT. **We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

This is abysmal actual support. The internet forum answers are helpful, but it’s not enough. At all. Sorry Chelsea_Ring.