Cannot connect to Ring via WiFi, but works fine over VPN or Cellular

I’ve seen some topics related to this but have found no solutions. This issue seems to have started happening in the last couple of months.

Specifically, when I “Tap to go Live” I get the STREAMING ERROR, both from my Doorbell and Floodlight. This ONLY occurs if I try to connect from my home network (either via WiFi or Ethernet). If I enable VPN, everything works. From my phone, if I turn of my phone’s WiFi, everything works. I wonder if this is a Ring App issue? Maybe something to do with tunneling the IP address out to the internet?

Thanks!

Hey @twogeckos. You may need to address the ports and protocols on your home wifi network to allow the Ring devices to connect properly, which is why when connected to your home wifi network on your phone, this is why it’s being limited. Please check out our Help Center Article here and see if making these adjustments to your network settings addresses this concern when loading the Live View! If you still have this concern, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

I’m pretty sure it’s your application. It hasn’t been working for 2 days. I’ve changed nothing on my network and as of right now it’s working fine.