Cannot change Chime ringtone

For whatever reason, my two Chimes are now working properly. I didn’t do anything special. They just started to work.

Hi, these steps did not solve the issue.

My phone is a OnePlus, I am running Android 10, Ring App and Chime Firmware are up-to-date. Here is one of the attempts: https://photos.app.goo.gl/yWL8NVY8pfRsfyA99

Attached screenshots. Could you help? ?
Thanks,

I had this last year - one chime updates ok, but the second chime fails to update sounds again.

Has anything changed Ring end?

I am not sure if Ring did or did not do anything but my Chimes have started to work properly.

Still have this issue. I’ve tried the following but it still occurs:

• Uninstalled and re-installed both Chimes
  • Full reset of both Chimes
  • Uninstalled and re-installed Ring app on iPhone.

I’m running version 5.31.0 app, and the iPhone has latest iOS 14.0.1

Any ideas?

I have the same issue.

I am unable to update any chimes but I can change the volume. I get the error “there was a problem changing your chime”.

Tried the following :
-Uninstall and reinstalling app
-reset chime and reinstall
-using wifi only to change chime
-using data only to change chime
-updating chime with both wifi and data on
Nothing works.

Android OS 8.0
Chime 1st Gen latest firmware
Ring app v3. 31

Please help as the default is very annoying!!

Hi @Steelios. Thank you for providing that screen shot. This is definitely out of the ordinary. It looks like you’ve done a fair amount of troubleshooting, thank you! I would reach out to our support team to investigate this. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

Steelios - I spoke with 2nd Level Support. They updated the firmware in the Chimes directly and it solved the issue

2 Likes

Excellent. Just how do they do that? Do they need access to your network?

Yes - I think they uploaded a new firmware direct to the devices.

Two were successful, one was not and they sent a replacement

1 Like

I’m using iPhone 11 and mine won’t update either. My Chime won’t stay connected to WiFi, even though the testing states the WiFi is above what’s needed. My doorbell won’t go live now either. It’s junk!

What are your respective RSSIs that the ring devices measure? I’d reach out to Tech Support directly.

MY ring tones are stuck on default and cannot change volume of ring tones either .

im using ring 3 plus on an iphone 8.I have tried all the methods you describe to no avail.This has been like this for a while and about time it was fixed

None of the accepted solutions are resolving this for me, and quite a lot of others it seems. These are not cheap products and yet there are obviously longstanding software issues. Won’t be buying anything else from ring till they sort themselves out.

Hello - I’m getting that same problem now. It’s a new chime purchased only 2 days ago. I’m using a Samsung S9+ Android 10

Why is this issue marked as solved when clearly it is NOT

My issue was resolved when I moved the Chimes from a wifi repeater to the main router. It could be infrastructure related but YMMV.

1 Like

This is a bug. The suggestion is a workaround. There should be a mechanism to lock and then release to properly update the chime tone.

I suspect you are right but, in my case, at least the workaround resolved my issue.

I’ve done all the suggested fixes but still get the “updating chime” or “something went wrong”. Latest IOS, firmware up to date RSSI of -34.

I’m having the same issue! Just bought it for the security side of things but my god the chimes are grating at best! Now I’m stuck with a 2nd gen chime and video doorbell that I dont want to use as it doesn’t do what its supposed to do. I wasn’t even offerd the 7 day free trial for video recording! Ring needs to sort this ASAP as I’m not the type to sit around and let things like this go unknown! Im disgusted that this issue was reported on this thread February last year and its still happening a year down the line!