can you turn off Motion Stop

Even though I have Superfast Broadband and connected via POE, my ring system is taking literally minutes to notify me of motion (example of how bad it is, I left the house, locked the door (camera is above door), walked round the side of my house, got in the car, started the engine, drove off, and it wasn’t until I was at the end of the street that my app notified me that there ‘was motion at the front’). Clearly this is no good, anyone calling with a parcel has long gone before I even know they are there. Is there any way I can turn motion stop off so that I have a permanent view from the camera? (I don’t need to record just view) I view the image on an Echo Show (Alexa). Delay is same on Echo or app on phone (didn’t used to be this bad). Currently I am asking Alexa to ‘show me the front’ every few minutes.

Can you not just turn on ‘Live View’ - mine seems pretty much instant on that - eats up the battery though so really need hard wired doorbell

Hey @NCW! An alert should be making it to you in a reasonable amount of time depending on connection with the Ring device and the mobile device that the app is installed on. Motion stop will simply stop the recording after a certain duration of time, following a motion being detected. This should not affect the time it takes for an alert to be received.

If you are using People Only Mode, this feature is intended to prevent notifications for non-human events. Test to see if your notifications improve after checking on the above. Feel free to let us know how this goes! :slight_smile: