Solved: Can you change the outside ring tone on the ring doorbell pro,

And how do Ring suggest someone with two doorbellsset them up?

Or are you not supposed to buy two?

This request has been outstanding for a year, can some boffin in RING light a fire under someoneā€™s butt and get it done, sick of waiting! What kind of company is this, HOW HARD CAN IT BE?

1 Like

As its a company registered sound ( a bit like a logo etc) I doubt very much they will change this or make it an option as it is the Ring ID. As soon as you here the chime you know its a Ring whether it be on TV in the street etcā€¦its just advertising their brand so they wont change itā€¦its like asking BMW to change their badge

****Please Ring pay attention & fix this issue***
Your customers are demanding that this be a feature.
So annoying having the same tone as everyone else, plus my dogs go completely crazy every time they hear it & not in a good way !!

1 Like

Hello,

I thought I would ā€œchimeā€ in on this conversation. I saw a rival doorbell company release a Halloween ringtone for their doorbells, and I thought wow I wonder if Ring has done this. No. You canā€™t change that horrible ringtone on the doorbell itself.

What are Ring thinking by not having this super-cool feature? (Xmas ringtones, Halloween, even a birthday ringtone for someoneā€™s birthday party). Itā€™s just such an obvious feature that the doorbells should have.

1 Like

This seems to be a highly sought after feature for many years now and they have done nothing to advance it, from what we can see on the consumer endā€¦ lots of promises to pass it up the line, but nothing comes of itā€¦ I would think it would be a fairly simply firmware upgradeā€¦ but what do I know, it could need a hardware changeā€¦ which would leave all current customers in the dustā€¦ and youā€™d be forced to upgrade. Hereā€™s to hoping that an firmware upgrade will fix it.

1 Like

Definitely not ā€œsolvedā€ as the ask hasnā€™t been addressed other than to acknowledge it .

FYI here is the entry I found on the feature request board that had the most votes (I might have missed a ā€œbiggerā€ one) if anyone want to chime in and upvote it:
Ring doorbells -tone changes - Products / Feature Request Board - Ring Community

3 Likes

I thought such a basic feature would be present. Iā€™m going to hold off buying more Ring Pros until the feature is added. I install these for clients.

On top of the feature not being there, itā€™s pretty shabby to just reply with canned responses rather than post a statement of intentions on this. We still donā€™t know if it will ever be changed or if it will be changed with a timeframe. Big waste of our time.

1 Like

I think a lot of the general population hate the ā€˜Ringā€™ sound and it actually does more harm to your brand than good.

Thank God you can mute it.

All we want is a nice doorbell sound. Itā€™s not too much to ask.

Can you open this back up please? this isnā€™t resolved is it as the feature isnā€™t possible and needs to be out on the product roadmap. Cheers

@Marley_Ring Where is this feature, already!!? Whatā€™s the point of this community if youā€™re not implementing any of our upvoted suggested features?! Makes me want to jump ship and change doorbells to a company that actually listens to its customersā€¦

Mid Dec 2021, years after the initial post.

Absolutely ridiculous that this feature has not yet been implemented.

Are you paying attention, Ring?

@Marley_Ring is there any update on this? There are loads of separate feature requests for this, but annoyingly they are all sporadic which means you guys arenā€™t seeing the real demand.

If you type ā€œchange outside ring door chimeā€ into Google you get tonnes of articles about how this isnā€™t a feature and how your competitors have this in place. Iā€™m genuinely looking at those competitors for that reason, pretty silly that I canā€™t choose a chime on my own doorbell.

Also this would be a very small code change for your Devs and for a lot of popularity gain! :slight_smile:

At this time you cannot change the tone that sounds from your Doorbellā€™s speaker when the button is pushed. You are, however, able to adjust the volume of this in the Doorbellā€™s device settings, but there is only one tone.

The volume can be altered in the Ring app by following these steps:

• From the Ring app dashboard, open the Menu.
  • Select Devices.
  • Select Doorbell.
  • Select Device Settings, then General Settings.

There you will see a volume adjustment option. This can be used to silence or increase the volume. You can vote on the Feature Request post for this here.

2 Likes