Can not add device to shared user

Error states - “Sorry, your changes could not be saved. This was just a little glitch, try again?”

This occured on android phone and laptop access. Thereis 1 doorbell and 2 floodlights, there are no groups and the only link is a wireless plug-in ringer to the doorbell.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Hi @Robron911! This should certainly be working, especially if all devices are only and not in a group of any type. I recommend removing and reinstalling the app, disabling bluetooth and VPN, double checking the email to add as a shared user, and trying again. Let us know how this goes. :slight_smile:

I’m having the same problem. It’s doing this on the app as well as the web site. So reinstalling the app is irrelevant. Has anyone else had this and did they solve it?

In the app, go to settings, then users, under manage users click on the shared user name you are trying to add. Then choose remove user ( trash can). Now add user and input the same shared users credentials I. E. Email and name name. Now grant permission to all the devices. The short version is we are deleting and then re-adding users to modify the device permissions. This is a shortcut.

1 Like

Thank you for sharing this with the Community @Jbrowner84! If any other neighbors try this and confirm it is successful, feel free to accept that solution so other neighbors can see. I’ll also be sure to share this experience with our teams! :slight_smile:

Deleting user then re-adding them is fine. The problem is when they are added and you try to change their access to different devices. Worked well up until about 5 days ago. Now it just day “ooops. Theres a glitch…”. No doodoo. Your software as appalling.

I’ve tried all of these suggestions and it doesn’t work. Any other options?

Hi @Paisleyakb. If the suggestions above did not provide a solution for you, try reaching out to our support team for the next best steps. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.