Cameras Not Working

I purchased a number of stick-up battery cameras for outdoor use and two indoor plug-in stick-up cameras that have simply stopped working. The cameras are less than 5 months old and will no longer connect to our Internet. I have received repeated errors when trying to re-connect the cameras stating that either ‘there is an error connecting to our internet’, or ‘the Wifi password is incorrect’. I am positive that the password is correct and network is absolutely fine, particularly as all our other products (phones, computers, televisions, etc.) can connect to Wifi without issue.

I would like to be connected with someone from Ring support - the time zone differences make it difficult to call, and I am shocked that there is no other support option offerd than a community posting board. Please contact me with a solution as soon as possible - we have been dealing with faulty operation for weeks.

Thank you in advance.

Hey @mgill. As we are a neighbor to neighbor support forum, we will be unable to contact you directly to follow up on this concern and with your devices, but I’m happy to help on the forum! If you’re in need of urgent assistance, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. I’m happy to help get you the exact number and possible email address to contact our support team at (if you’re outside the US, some emails are available to contact at) as well.

For this concern, are all cameras not reconnecting to your home wifi network? From the way you described it, it sounds like it is with all devices, which points me to think that this may be a concern with your network. While the app is giving you the wrong password message, or the error connecting message, this could be due to a few things. The most common concern with network connections not allowing Ring devices to reconnect or stay connected after first setup is because you need to adjust the ports and protocols on your home network to allow the Ring devices to stay on said network. You may need to reach out to your ISP to make these changes if you are unable to on your end, or not familiar with the changes to be made. Another concern with the network, especially if this is wide spread on your devices, could be the internet connection itself. Since you stated this has been ongoing for weeks now, I assume you have no concerns with other devices connected to the wifi. Are the cameras far from the router though? Specifically with the Stick Up Camera that you have indoor, could you try reconnecting the device when close to the router, to see if that helps?

Let me know if you’re able to make any network changes on your end and find they can reconnect after, or if you need more information on how to best find support in your area! :slight_smile:

Hi, thanks for the response. I would prefer an email address to connect with support as one was not listed on the Ring website, and I am outside of the US. The issue is not happening with all of my cameras, only some of them, which is another reason that leads me to believe it is not a network error. Some have continued to function without issue since purchase, and are much, much farther away from the router, than those that are not working.

@mgill Totally understand and thank you for clarifying that! Where outside of the US are you? The only support channels we have that are accessible via email are our email lines that support other languages. If you are in need of someone that can help out via English, you will need to call.

For international language support, French support is available via email at assistance@ring.com, German support is available via email at hilfe@ring.com, and Dutch support is available via email at helpmij@ring.com. If these email options/languages do not work for you, please let me know where you are located, and I will find the best number for your area to call. :slight_smile: