Brand new Spotlight Cam Battery and Chime Pro

I received a brand new Spotlight Cam Battery today, charged its’ battery and started setup. It failed to connect with my Chime Pro even when placing the camera next to my Chime Pro. I tried a hard reset even another battery but no luck. Has anyone else had an issue similar to mine?

Hi @Smiraya. Is there a specific error message you are getting? What type of phone are you using for the setup? I would ensure that your phones OS and Ring app are up to date and that you are not using a VPN during the setup. As a quick test, you can always try connecting the camera to a wifi hotspot to rule out any network variables. I hope this helps!

Is there a specific error message you are getting? Chime Pro tells me it could not find the camera.

What type of phone are you using for the setup? iPhone

I would ensure that your phones OS and Ring app are up to date and that you are not using a VPN during the setup. All up to date and no VPN used.

As a quick test, you can always try connecting the camera to a wifi hotspot to rule out any network variables. I hope this helps! The camera connects to my main wireless access point with no issue. I have a Ring Doorbell attached to my Chime Pro along with the wired spotlight cam I had before I switched to the battery version.

Hi @Smiraya. Thank you for updating me with that information. For iPhone, I would try these suggestions.

• Turn off Bluetooth

• Turn off your Smart Network Switch in your iPhone settings, under Cellular

• Make sure Location is turned on and permissions are enabled for the Ring app

I would also try to connect your Spotlight Cam to your home wifi, and not the Chime Pro, just to make sure the Spotlight Cam is functioning.

If you’ve tried these steps to no avail, I recommend reaching out to our support team for the next best steps. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.