Battery Recharge

I am getting a recharge E mail even though the unit is hard wired. Any suggestions?

Hi @insureman. Can you clarify which model of Ring Doorbell or Camera you have? If it is one of our battery-operated Doorbells that you have wired to an existing doorbell circuit, then it may still need to be manually recharged from time to time if the battery gets too low. The doorbell wires will provide a trickle charge to your Doorbell’s battery, but if your Doorbell experiences a large number of events, the battery will drain more quickly than this trickle charge.

1 Like

I have a Ring 2 Doorbell

@insureman Thanks for letting me know! My explanation in my first reply regarding the doorbell circuit providing a trickle charge does apply to the Doorbell 2. If your Doorbell is receiving a large number of events each day, the battery may drain more quickly than it can be charged via the doorbell wires. If the battery gets too low, it will need to be manually recharged. I hope that helps clear things up for you! :slight_smile:

The battery has been charging for seven hours and still no green light. Can the battery be bad?

Hi @insureman! If you’ve charged the battery for several hours, using the usb cable, please insert the battery into your Video Doorbell and check the Ring app device health to see if a new battery level is reported. Often times it can take a moment, or require a motion event, for the Ring app to update the battery level. Try also using a different outlet, or even another usb cable if available.

If the battery is not receiving a charge despite trying the above steps, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

Additional batteries are also available on our accessories page at Ring.com. :slight_smile: