Battery not charging

Hi.
I have the ring doorbell 2. The type with the built in battery that needs taking off and charging via usb lead.
I had it istalled at my old house fine with no issues. I have moved recently and took the device down and put it in storage letting the battery completely run flat.
My issue isnit now will not charge at all. It is getting power from the lead is it switched on and will show live video but after being plugging in for over 6 hours it is still showing battery at 0% and it doesn’t notify my if the button is pressed or any motion.
Any ideas? Its only 2rs old. Surely I don’t need a new one all ready

Hi @Gledders. There are a few troubleshooting steps I’d suggesting trying here. First, fully charge the battery for at least 8 hours. Once it’s charged, reset the Doorbell by holding down the setup button for at least 20 seconds. After the reset is complete, run through a fresh setup in the Ring App with the steps under Set Up a Device. Trigger a test event by ringing the Doorbell or triggering a motion and then check the battery percentage.

If it’s still reporting as 0% after these steps, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here so they can take a closer look for you. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. :slight_smile: