Battery light problem

One of my batteries has a single red light when charging, which goes out after some hours. Is it fully charged or faulty?

Is the battery a Ring-branded battery or aftermarket? The Ring batteries have orange and green indicators. If it’s an aftermarket battery the light going out may indicate it is fully charged.

1 Like

Cheers mate, the battery is a standard Ring battery, about 3 yrs old - always previously had green and orange lights, showing green when charged - on recharging a couple of days ago showed red and -very briefly - green, then red only which went out after a few hours. Reconnecting to charge the next day showed only red which went out after a few minues - any more possible ideas?

1 Like

perhaps red only displays if there is a problem with battery - as in unable to completely charge and needs to be replaced.

1 Like

BINGO! Good advice I will order another! Many Thanks, DaveD

1 Like

Sorry to jump in on your thread, but didn’t think it appropriate to start a new thread about the same thing. I am a new Ring 3 owner and left eh quick release battery on charge for over 24 hours with neither of the lights going off. Putting the battery in the doorbell showed only a 80% charge. So, does the first charge take substantially longer or am I looking at a problem?

Thanks

Mark

Hi @Marksfish. Did you use the charging cable provided with the Doorbell? You’ll want to use this with a standard power outlet, as using a USB port on a computer will charge the battery much slower than a power outlet. Also try a different outlet if the one you’re using appears to not be charging the battery fully within 8-10 hours.

Hi @Caitlyn_Ring I was using the orange cable provided and a usb phone charger. I have ordered a spare battery, so will see what happen with that one and will try the original in a separate outlet.

Mark

1 Like