Battery issues

I added a second battery to my spotlight camera but under device health it says “add a battery”. Itll only show the percentage for only one battery. Any have a clue?

Hi @Slider_buck. First, ensure the battery is firmly in place and there is no dirt or debris in the battery compartment. Trigger a test event by walking in front of the Spotlight Cam or activating the Live View, and then check the Device Health screen again to see if it is registering both batteries being inserted. If it doesn’t, you can try resetting the Cam by holding down the setup button for at least 20 seconds. After that, set it back up in the Ring App with the steps under Set Up a Device.

Should none of these suggestions help with the battery showing up, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. They can take a deeper look into this. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

I finally got it by pushing the button on top and making it reconnect to the network. Is it true that if i loose the internet at my house and it comes back on that the camera will not automatically reconnect to the wifi?

@Slider_buck Your device will automatically try to reconnect to wifi if the connection drops at all. If it’s unsuccessful, you’ll need to manually reconnect it in the Ring App using the steps under the Device Health screen.

1 Like