Battery draining far too quickly

My battery is draining far too fast the full 100% charge is only lasting the minimum of two days I think there maybe something wrong with it. I have everything on recommended settings and it doesn’t always register someone at my door

Oddly, I just had similar problem. After one year of no issues. I have the 3+. I have it wired. And I got a notification saying the battery was low. I decided to take the battery out. Put it on a charger for about 10 hours. Then put it back. It appears the trickle charge is working again. But it’s only been a day.

that’s why I logged on to this site to see if anyone else is having the same problem.
from my year of experience, I had noticed that it normally goes down to about 87-90% charge, and then it came back up. so i assume that the firmware to start the charge doesn’t really run until then.

This is odd to hear of, neighbors, and thank you for sharing these experiences. A battery charged to 100% should certainly last longer than a couple of days. Keep in mind, the initial setup process and any firmware updates, can drain battery. The use and number of events your Ring device experiences is also a battery drain factor. Fine tuning usage will often help with battery life. I recommend checking out this Community article on battery drain for tips on optimizing this experience.

As you’ve mentioned connecting your Video Doorbells to wiring, here is a helpful checklist that I use when looking to obtain a trickle charge to my battery-powered Ring devices. I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

my Ring2 battery went from 100% to 4 % over night - brand new battery - bought the 2nd one beacuase even hardwired the original was draining too fast

We have had our ring doorbell for just over a year. The battery has never lasted more than a few weeks. This past month has been ridiculous though. Every 2-3 days we get the notice that the battery needs to be recharged. We have the recommended settings. Since we are past one year, are we out of luck for a replacement? Could the battery be defective?

Our doorbell is wireless.

Hi there, @jjwoanderson! If your battery draining concern is persisting after checking resources and steps mentioned prior in this thread

This may require a closer look from our support team. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.