Battery Drain

Getting Tried of this, i remember i used to be able to communicate with Ring Customer service via my app easy… Now i have to scower the internet for information…

My Video Door Bell battery has been dying super quick i have all motions off, no alerts, I just fully charged my ring door bell yesterday and today it’s at 50% My bell gets rung no more that 3-5 times per day, barly do live veiws, no rain, no cold weather. Please advise I’ve been missing important deliveries because of this. And getting a hold of someone from Ring is becoming impossible.

Drained

1 Like

Sorry to hear about this @BatteryDrain1! You’ve considered many factors that can contribute to battery drain, including temperature. Please also ensure the night time temperature is not cold in your region as this can drain battery quicker during the night. I recommend checking motion activity as well, to see if there are frequent motion events in your history.

It’s good to also check your wifi signal strength, or RSSI, as wifi interference could cause your device to work harder to communicate, or remain connected. For more tips on these factors, here is our Community post about draining battery, and one about RSSI.

Hi everything is as it was, just that the battery drains MUCH MUCH faster. Ive had a ring door bell since 2016 haven’t changed anything as far as settings go. Its just dying in 3 days i missed yet another important package today because of this… Please advise.

Thanks

1 Like

A quick Google search on the internet shows this to be a fairly widespread problem. Many have reported it since the person detection was added.

I’m experiencing the same issue. Reaching out to support caused me to be redirected instead to a user community – this was a bit offputting to be honest. The camera wasn’t cheap. Good support that is easy to reach is an expectation any reasonable person would have.

Daytime and nighttime temperatures are between 70-80 degrees. It’s not temperature.

Wifi signal is strong and this is supported by information within the Ring application.

1 Like

Hi there
My ring is switch off and not charge . I charged full still first it is not showing on app and drain in one day and after charge full still showing low battery on app . It means ring is not charging and white circle of light showing all the time please help . I do not know how to fix that

Hi there, neighbors! Thank you for sharing your experiences and feedback with the Community, as well as your solutions with other neighbors. When it comes to keeping your battery charged, there are many variables to consider. You’ll find our Community post by Riley most helpful in describing what to consider for optimal battery life between charges. Additionally, depending on where you are located, many regions are seeing colder temperatures. Check out our help center article for tips on operating your devices in the cold, and what temperatures to avoid.

Connecting your Video Doorbell to wiring and/or the appropriate power source, can certainly help supply a trickle charge, as described in this Hardwired vs Battery Powered Operation help center article . If you are needing a power source, here are some of our accessories that might help:

We’ve also seen success with neighbors using wired devices in colder environments, such as our Video Doorbell Pro or our newest Video Doorbell Wired (available for pre-order), to avoid charging a battery all together.

As always, if you feel as though you are experiencing significant battery drain, not related to the factors described above, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here . We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

All replies from the ring monitor are useless, as one user stated I’ve turn off all motion and notifications. My rrsi -40 which is well within the acceptable range yet my battery dies within a week.

I have 3 new batteries and they all die within the same time period, this is a problem with ring software and they need to fix it.

The only next possible solution is to can this doorbell and purchase from a reliable source.

Hi @bigenum1. I would suggest reaching out to our support team. They’ll be able to run some diagnostics and see why you have such excessive battery drain.