Battery door open

One of my spotlight cameras keeps getting an error message that the battery door is open. I have checked it multiple times, and have made sure that the door clicks closed every time. All other operations seem to be working correctly, just the battery door open error message.

1 Like

Hi @MrChilli. Make sure there are no dirt or debris on the battery cover or inside the battery compartment at all, as this could also be impacting it. If this message continues to appear, you can also try resetting the Spotlight Cam fully by holding down the setup button for at least 20 seconds. After the reset is done, set it back up in the Ring App using the steps under Set Up a Device. Let me know if that helps.

I have double checked the battery door and reset the camera. However I am still receiving the “Battery Door Open” error message.

Seeing this issue with multiple people, I am surprised your company has not figured out what is causing this issue.

Poor quality control.

2 Likes

Hi @MrChilli. If the suggestions that Caitlyn offered didn’t correct the issue you are having with your battery door, I suggest reaching out to our support team for the next best steps. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.

1 Like

I have same, similar issue. I bought a two pack. Charged and installed batteries. I did a test run inside and I get the door open error message. Brand new out of the box. Clean as can be. I open and close the door multiple times making sure it’s completely closed. I’ve also done a reset. I toggle through the settings on the app and the door open error message comes and goes without touching the battery door.

Did you finally get a resolution for the “battery door open” error message?

I also had the error message with 1 solar cam when I inserted 2 batteries. The When I removed 1 battery, no more error message and I finally have full functionality.

Seems weird and something Ring would want to correct for customers….

I have 4 of these spotlight, two of the camera face120 degree angle work fine, no conplain. The other two face 150 degree angle down are so annoying. I wish ring come with a feature to turn off this specific alarm.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.