Battery Door Open Error Message

Despite what your team said, swapping the battery to a new slot this is not a solution. This is acting like a bug in your software that engineering needs to address. I’m having the same issue, I had to replace 4 cameras which were all giving the “Battery Door Open” error. I’ve only installed 2 of the replacements and one is having the same issues. From the posts here people who’ve had working cameras seem to be newly experiencing the issue as well as brand new camera owners. I spent a lot for these devices and they are not working. The flood lights do not come on when motion is detected when this error is present. Please post an update. I’d hate to have to find another brand.

2 Likes

Same issue. Had a replacement yesterday. Ok for 24 hours and then the error message came up. Hopeless from Ring/Amazon. The issue has been around for months but no fix! What’s going on?

PS. Only got the error message after the app update today!

Same here. First appeared after about a month. Went away on its own, then came back on its own.

Same here. Ring, the issue needs to be escalated as it’s been months and nothing was fixed…

3 Likes

Arghh, previous ring cameras have been great, fitted one today with 2 batteries and trapped with battery door open :frowning:

I forgot to mention, prior to the update, in the first few mins i had no door open message and it detected a person. Since the update, it does nothing but live feed and screams battery door open. Total madness.

Ugh! I just installed 4 of these and one has the “battery door” issue, the others are fine. While the camera works it’s already down to a 86% charge after just 24 hours

4 days , both ring batteries from 100% to 59% and 57% and using app to control my alarm system of indeed other cameras is a nightmare, battery door open messages constantly. This needs Ring to urgently correct this issue.

Having the same irritating issue with the “Battery Door Open” error message on my Ring Battery Spotlight Cam I got for Christmas. Thinking I should have asked for something else :frowning: By opening/closing the door a few times I was able to get the message to clear when I first installed the Ring cam, but when I just tried to install a fresh battery today the message came back and wasn’t able to clear. I also suspect that this is a firmware or hardware issue that Ring needs to fix ASAP. Would like to see more frequent feedback/comments from the Ring Community moderator!

3 Likes

Suggestion to Ring developers…. Since this has not working properly for years, and is a common irritant… please develop a version of the firmware that has an option to turn off the useless (non)error message…

4 Likes

So, I have just set up my 3rd replacement camera, almost the same again but actually worse! Intermittent battery hatch warning and no motion detection working. I am truly sick of this,
I wish I had never bought this product

2 Likes

Brand new out the box. Getting this message straight away. Ring have known about the issue for far too long now without doing anything about it. The “fix” doesn’t work and is reliant on us doing something. Why don’t ring fix it there end. It’s not good enough. It’s not a cheap product we have all purchased with our hard earned cash. Step up ring, find a solution and now.

2 Likes

Same battery door error here too and my camera is on solar panel. Plus camera hasn’t worked properly since purchased.

Same issue here. Just received my replacement camera with the exact same issue as well.

Same issue here. Purchased a 4 pack of Spotlight Cam Battery in December. Just got around to getting them installed and one will not stop with the battery door open messages. I have reset, rebooted, reinstalled, rerun setup, reseated batteries (I have 2 in each cam), cleaned, dusted, wiped, etc. with no change. Sounds like a long time, known issue, based on this threads age they they can’t figure out the root cause or it’s too expensive to fix, e.g., requires a change to one of the housing molds. Guess I’ll take to just ignoring the error as it doesn’t seem they want to replace the devices without phone support hassle.

Same issue and error message. Causes a severe drain on the batteries. Where is ring with a solution???

Same issue here. Can Ring just give us an option to ignore the error? At least as a temporary workaround?

I don’t understand this. I purchased 2 spotlight cams in Dec. 1 works like a charm. The other continues to have this stupid battery door open error message and is constantly draining my batteries. I’ve done everything suggested and nothing works. Had I known this was an issue I would have sent them both back and purchased another product! And I’m outside of the return window! We don’t want to be climbing up and down a darn ladder every month to replace batteries! This is madness! This needs to be fixed!

How did you get a replacement? I’m sick of this after 2 months!