Battery Camera - 3rd Generation

I have just received my two new cameras and before I open them up and install them I have a question.

When it’s time to recharge them, will they lose the WiFi protocols? I understand that they won’t work but will I need to re-install them and reconnect them to the network?

would it be best to get a spare and does switching one in and out, cause a loss of WiFi and would that need to manually reconnect to the network again?

Thanks in advance for your help.

@pcjjk wrote:

When it’s time to recharge them, will they lose the WiFi protocols? . . . will I need to re-install them and reconnect them to the network? . . . would it be best to get a spare and does switching one in and out, cause a loss of WiFi and would that need to manually reconnect to the network again? Thanks in advance for your help.

Good news. After you recharge the battery, the device will ‘wake up’ and still ‘remember’ its previous settings and Wi-Fi protocols. It will automatically go back to operating. Your setup information is are stored in the Ring email account that you created. So you will not need to manually reconnect to the network again.

A spare fully-charged battery will avoid a “loss of use” during the charging time. So, that’s a preference choice.

Hope this helps you. :slight_smile:

Thank you very much for your assistance and kindness

@pcjjk wrote:

Thank you very much for your assistance and kindness

My pleasure! :slight_smile: