Battery alarm on direct wired device

I have had my ring doorbell for a few years. It is direct wired. Just recently I have been getting a low battery warning and now it stopped working saying batter was dead. Any suggestions?

Hey @mjbart, do you have the Ring Video Doorbell, Ring Video Doorbell 2, Ring Video Doorbell Pro, or the Ring Video Doorbell Elite? Knowing what device you have will help the neighbors in the Community help you out! Additionally, let us know if you’ve attempted any troubleshooting, such as charging the battery/device if you have the Doorbell or Doorbell 2.

I have the original Ring Video Doorbell

@mjbart It sounds like your battery has depleted! The hardwiring of the Doorbell is just to provide an approximate 10% trickle charge, so it can mean that your Doorbell’s battery may deplete after a sometime. Have you attempted to take the Doorbell off of the mount to give it a charge? When you do charge it, please make sure to charge it for about 8 hours for a full charge.

I will give it a try. Is the battery replaceable?

Mike

@mjbart For the original Doorbell, the battery cannot be removed and therefore is not replaceable. I recommend reaching out to to our support team here and they can work out any additional options through further troubleshooting for you if the battery does not seem to hold the charge.

1 Like

I charged it over the weekend and will try it out and see what happens.

1 Like

The ring is running OK. However, the app shows it is on battery power when it is direct wired. Does this mean the battery is bad or that the connection has a problem?

1 Like

@mjbart I’m happy to hear it’s running well now! Could you reach out to our support team here for this? They can take a look into your account and device to see if it’s showing as hardwired and charging on their end, as the app may just be not reporting it correctly or may have not updated as so for you. Let me know what they say!

Chelsea - I contacted Ring. They showed Battery Powered. I went out and fiddled with the screws and now it show Direct Wired. Thank you for the suggestion.

Mike

1 Like

@mjbart YAY! That’s amazing to hear, I’m glad it’s back to working and showing as it should. Have a great week and stay safe out there! :smiley_cat:

1 Like