Base Station Power

I just got the ring alarm kit and have some suggestions about power supplies that I was wondering what others thought.

1. Make the base station a little larger and use a standard AC cord, preferably with a flat plug that fit’s behind furniture. I don’t know why every device seems to use an AC/DC power block that is easy to knock out of an outlets.

2. POE to power the base station, this would allow running a single cable in the wall to eliminate the wifi and power cord.

3. Make a DC voltage converter to allow replacing a hard-wired doorbell with a ring base station using the same low voltage wiring. Doorbells are often located centrally in the house so it’s a good place for the base station. Plus, since the ring doorbells say you need to bypass the chime when using them with a hardwired system it’s the perfect way to solve all the issues of powering the system.

Regarding point #3, I’m wondering if a DC-DC buck converter will work? The output of the ring base station power supply is 5v, 2.5A. (I haven’t measured the voltage leading to the wired doorbell or wired siren).