Base Station Not Received for a Month Because of "Global Shortage"

I ordered about $600 worth of equipment the first week of September and have yet to receive the base station. The alarm isn’t much good without it. I have contacted Ring several times and they keep saying:

“The Base Station is currently out of stock. There is a global shortage that has caused many items to go out of stock. I am reaching out to our warehouse team to see if we can get a date on when it will be back in stock. Thank you again for your patience!”

I am not sure how this is possible if they are still selling the base stations on their website. Maybe they are taking orders for things that don’t exist? Seems like false advertising if they aren’t honest with people that there is a delay. Anyone having a similar situation of no base station, or am I just getting the run around from Ring? Similarly, is this an indicator of the kind of service Ring provides for alarm monitoring? What’s your experience?

Thanks for anyone’s feedback.

Update. I got the base station last week and everything is working as expected.

1 Like

I have the exact same problem - ordered 400 plus worth of goods and am yet to receive the base station. The alarm isn’t much good without it. I have contacted Ring several times and they keep saying:
“The Base Station is currently out of stock. There is a global shortage that has caused many items to go out of stock. I am reaching out to our warehouse team to see if we can get a date on when it will be back in stock. Thank you again for your patience!”

Its very deceitful indeed. Listing the product in the website making the customer order these goods and then not deliver and keep customers in the limbo. i am being told it will be delivered and they need 1 more week. I am not really sure and dont trust them at all. Such companies which take customers for granted dont last long!!! Amazon i hope you are listening to this feedback and review this company to start focusing on customer trust and not be deceitful !!!