Bad firmware update - fire hazard

I used ALL CAPS because in my mind this is an emergency!!!

I’m in a new home with 2 doorbells. Both Ring units received a firmware update from an Amazon Tech 2 days ago. Since then, in the middle of the night, the doorbells start randomly ringing, and the doorbells themselves BUZZ for LONG periods of time. THIS is a FIRE HAZARD!!! They get HOT from the buzzing. They are in a state of constantly being triggered.

As a programmer, I have a very good guess of what is occurring. Ring does a random “Health Check” every night, and during that check, they test the doorbell solenoid. The firmware code that does the check has a bad “loop”, and constantly fires off the solenoid like a hundred times a second, and does NOT exit the function. Bad failure.

I hope the RING team sees this before somebody’s house burns down and someone is killed.

Hi @Gary_Beardsley. Since your safety is a top priority, can you please reach out to our support team regarding this concern? The Community is a neighbor-to-neighbor forum and not a direct line to support, so raising this concern with our support team would be the best course of action so they can look into this further. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.