Bad Battery

Have owned my Ring camera for 2 years. No issues. However this time it appears the battery will no longer charge. How can I test this or figure this out. I have it plugged in for several hours and the orange light does go out and only the green light stays on. however when I put in camera nothing happens. Also when I put it in the camera the red light comes on where you instert the battery which tells me the battery is still dead. Can a battery go bad?

Hi @GREGJHEMAUER. Based on the lights you’re describing, it sounds like you have a Spotlight Cam Battery, is that correct? If so, the solid red light on the battery compartment indicates that the battery is connected and not on a low charge. I’d suggest resetting the Camera by holding down the setup button for at least 20 seconds, while the fully-charged battery is inserted. Try to set the Camera up in the Ring App again after completing this reset.

Should this concern persist and you’re unable to get the Spotlight Cam reconnected, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers availablehere. A member of our support team will be able to look into your device more closely in order to diagnose what’s going on. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19here to see how to contact support. Let me know if my suggestion worked or what support recommends if you contact them, as it may help other neighbors with a similar concern! :slight_smile: