Backlighting

My porch is covered and in the shade most of the time. The scene beyond the porch is usually bright and the image beyond the porch “washes out” and does not show good detail in that area of the image.

Is there a way to adjust the camera to avoid this “back lit” effect?

I just bought the new Doorbell pro 2024 in hopes it might do a better job in this department. But NOPE. I actually think it’s worse than my old one, which I had already tried a dozen different angels with NO success.

Ring really needs to get their act together with the quality of images when there is a backlight.

I had an older version, but just bought the new Doorbell pro 2024 in hopes it might do a better job in this department. But NOPE. I actually think it’s worse than my old one, which I had already tried a dozen different angels with NO success.

Ring really needs to get their act together with the quality of images when there is a backlight.

it’s 2024, and I just bought the newest version. They’ve had 5 years to make this better, and they still haven’t made any improvements with this issue.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Backlighting in doorbell video

Hey neighbors, different factors can affect the lighting on your Ring Doorbell’s video. If your Doorbell is in a covered porch, this can cause contrast on sunny days with areas beyond the shaded porch appearing more washed out. Having other light fixtures around your Ring Doorbell can also impact the view at night, even preventing the night vision from coming on. You may need to make adjustments to the area around your Ring Doorbell in some cases.