Back line covers the bottom during playback

Is anyone else having a black line cover the bottom of the screen behind the progress bar during playback? Only does it during playback and is behind the progress bar. Ring just asked me to reinstall the app instead of fixing the issue. This prevents you from seeing anything on the bottom which is very important since the cameras don’t always record right away and just capture the tail end.

1 Like

Hi there, @Yesrony! The progress bar, or video playback controls area, should be able to be hidden by tapping the screen. For instance, when initially pulling up a video to view, controls will be present, in which tapping anywhere on the screen where there are not controls will result in hiding those from view. This is for the timeline view.

If you are viewing events in event history, try a different view orientation (landscape vs portrait), or wait a moment to see if this area will go away.Feel free to let us know how this goes, as well as share an image example if this concern persists.

We are having that same problem. I tried tapping screen, but before line goes away what I’m looking for has disappeared. Translucent would be better. Best would be if we could tape to get the line. Please post if you get any help with this matter.

@Marley_Ring, your suggestion to tap outside the playbar does not work and this appears to be a bug. The playbar remains when paused and only disappears after 3 seconds or so when playing. Therefore, on Android, you will never be able to see a good percentage of the screen for the first few seconds of each video.

This sort of problem just started for me about a month ago (September 2023). In the history playback, not in timeline view, I can no longer tap to make the playback bar and ‘X’ in the upper left disappear. This is very annoying. I called Ring immediately and a guy overseas, probably in the Philippines, recorded my complaint. He said that it has to do with the developers and that he’d pass on my feedback to them. I’ve been patiently waiting for a solution for over a month now to no avail. Ring: Please fix this ASAP.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.