Arming or disarm to lock or unlock smart locks

I installed the Ring Alarm and have one Schlage lock which will trigger the away mode automatically which is very convenient. I am planning to install another keyless lock on my garage entrance door. It will be nice when I lock down one of these locks to trigger away mode, the system will lock other locks automatically. Or if I trigger the home mode on the bed, the system will also check and make all doors locked. Put it in a simple word: Auto lock all doors when the system is armed with Home or Away mode.

6 Likes

I agree Bowie I think this would be a great feature and I hope Ring implements something like this in the near future.

1 Like

I had this feature with ADT. It was nice and worked well. ??

1 Like

+1 for this feature request!

Yes please enable this!!

Could not agree more. Just bought my first smart lock and I am very surprised to see this is not already a ring alarm feature.

Seems like a very obvious use case to me to want all of your doors to lock when putting the system in home or away mode.

I was surprised to find there is no functionality to automatically lock door locks upon the arming of the Ring Alarm. This is relatively basic functionality that is already available in ADT and xFinity Home alarm systems, and I am sure this is available in other systems as well.

To clarify exactly what I’m suggesting:

When I ARM my Ring Alarm system, the system should automatically lock all Door Locks which are integrated into the system.

The system already monitors and allows “manual” control of my Door Locks; I would simply like to have the ability to have the system lock the doors upon system arming.

3 Likes

Fully agree. That should be a standard feature.
At least the system should give a warning when a door is unlocked when you arm the system.

1 Like

Bumping this up topic up. It used to be available via Alex Routines and the dev team removed it. The whole reason I wanted the door lock was for the alarm system to control it automatically when home mode was armed. I’m disappointed.

1 Like

Using the z-wave plus smart locks from Schlage why is there not an option for them to auto lock when the system arms. It seems like an oversight that they would stay unlocked when you are arming the system when they have the ability to lock remotely.

I can’t believe this hasn’t gotten more upvotes, this seems like an absolutely critical feature. I hate that this is currently a 2 step process completely unnecessarily.

1 Like

Seems like a setting for one button lock operation on the ring app would be an obvious thing to include.

1 Like

I agree, my old digital life system had this and it was almost 8 years old :confused:

Definitely agree with this one. And if you’re interested in increasing adoption of smart locks, check out my suggestion to extend integration support for more hardware: https://community.ring.com/t/video-doorbell-pro-2-support-for-sidewalk-and-level-lock

How is this not a basic feature? Open garage doors and unlocked doors should definitely at least provide notification when an alarm is armed!

1 Like

Useing feature with ring to lock all doors instead of using alexa. I have multiple airbnbs and apartment buildings, and rentals. I use to be in the alarm business and of course i can use dmp for alarm and access control, but rather use ring. And can combine alarm and cams all together and love the platform. But please create a feature for this because i cant create anymore alexa accounts. Thanks

Please add functions in the ring alarm to auto lock Schlage Connect locks when the system arms. Also it would be nice to be able to set a time for auto lock and arming of the system.

I 2nd that.
Or let us know that the system was armed with locks unlocked.

Agreed!!! This should be an offered setting. I just changed to this alarm and my previous system offered it.

I replaced my existing smart lock with one that is compatible with Ring only to find out that it does not automatically lock the doors when the alarm is armed. I feel like I’ve wasted $200+. Please enable this functionality which exists in plenty of other security systems.

1 Like