Approximately half of shared videos fail to load -- no help from Ring Support

Sometimes they work. Sometimes they don’t. No rhyme or reason. Sucks to be a paying subscriber to this service that only works half the time. I am sharing these videos on a daily basis and a lack of a fix is highly frustrating. Called to log this issue directly with the Ring Support team. They couldn’t solve my issue so they “escalated” it to “priority support” or something like that, then never bothered to call me back. Any ideas from the community?

I get the following error when trying to access the shared video via URL:

This video is no longer available.

The person who owns this video has decided to remove it. For more information on shared video management, visit our FAQs.

Hi there, @yizzung! If you are a shared user and need to inquire about shared recordings, this will be best discussed with the owner. As stated in the image above, recordings might not be available if they are removed by the owner. The same goes for if subscription is removed or lapses on the owner account. Keep in mind that longer events or live views might take a few moments longer to be ready for playback due to size.

Feel free to check out our help center article about Shared Users to learn more. :slight_smile:

Thanks for the response. In this case, I am the owner. I am sharing these videos with another person. (We are using the camera to film our dogs and sharing the videos with our remote dog trainer, in case anyone is curious…)

The subscription has not lapsed – I just signed up for an entire year. I have not removed or unshared any of the videos. Some of them are longer (up to 10 minutes) but even 24 hours later some of the videos are giving this error. This seems like plenty of time to process this in the cloud, yes? We have reasonably fast wireless internet (see below).

Might I also humbly suggest that Ring should suggest changing the error message that’s displayed when a shared video fails to load. It seems that in every case where there’s a problem with the video loading, Ring says that the owner has “decided to remove it”. Obviously that is incorrect in this case.

Thank you for the clarification, @yizzung! Those speeds are certainly sufficient for video communication. Next time this occurs, and it has been several hours but the video recording is still not playable, try viewing it through a web browser. This can be done by visiting Ring.com and logging in to view your history. If videos are playable through the web browser, this could mean that there are mobile device factors that could be impacting video playback. Please ensure there is not a vpn enabled on the mobile device. I hope this helps! :slight_smile: