App shows poor voltage for Doorbell Pro 2

I have a Ring transformer that is supplying 16.6V as measured at the doorbell wires - yet the app shows “poor” voltage and 15V. If I connect the doorbell directly (remove the mechanical doorbell) the app shows “good” voltage and 16V - but I measure 17.2V at the doorbell wires.

This makes me believe there is an issue with the app or more likely the firmware of the Pro 2 - as it is providing an incorrect reading. All functions seem to be working so I’ll likely leave it alone - but there are enough reports of this that it should be looked into by Ring.

Also, the doorbell does seem to be warm to the touch - but I’m guessing this is normal. When I was running the snapshot feature set at 1min intervals, I would say it felt very warm to the touch. Again, I’m guessing this is normal.

Hi @edit4ever. Although it is normal for your Doorbell to feel slightly warm, similar to a laptop or tv in use, I suggest reaching out to our support team. They’ll be able to run some diagnostics and ensure that everything is in working order. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.