App not picking up view from camera at all

Hi Community,

I have a new battery operated Stick Up Cam, the live view and snap shot functions are not working. I have reset it numerous times, updated the firmware as well as removed the device and set it up as new. It works for the very first time and then doesnt connect, it says, ‘activating device’, thinks for a while and then says, ‘streaming error’ and it cant connect.

I also have 2 x flood light cams that work ok, I cant say they work great and the batteries dont last long at all, but at least they allow me to connect to video.

Any ideas on the Stick Up Cam would be great.

thanks.

Hey @KMiller. It seems like we need to just make some adjustments to your router in order to allow the Live Streaming from the device to your app. If you could, please visit our Ring Help Center Article here to adjust your ports and protocols to allow the device to function as normal. You can also contact your ISP and let them know of what you are needing to change so they can do this for you. :slight_smile:

Hi,

This article suggests that no communicaiton will work if the ports arent open, however, with this particular camera, it works initially and then stops working, which suggests that it does connect on the ports correctly. I also have other cameras on the system that function correctly. This all points to suggest that the ports are open and working properly doesn it? If so, what is the next stage to check?

thank you,

Keith.

Hi Ring,

I sent the below follow up and have not received a response as yet. Again, today I have tried to set this cam up and its still not working. I am guessing at this stage the unit needs replacing, unless you have any ideas to get this working?

Hi,

This article suggests that no communicaiton will work if the ports arent open, however, with this particular camera, it works initially and then stops working, which suggests that it does connect on the ports correctly. I also have other cameras on the system that function correctly. This all points to suggest that the ports are open and working properly doesn it? If so, what is the next stage to check?

thank you,

Keith.

@KMiller My apologizes that you never got a response. I’m happy to follow up again. While these settings sometimes need to be updated or looked at, it could be the case for this situation. I always recommend to look over your network settings to ensure nothing is blocking the Live Streaming, as some networks will even put a limit on what devices can Live Stream (which would explain why it works on one device and not this one). Nevertheless, we can try a couple other things!

Firstly, what is the RSSI for this Stick Up Cam? Can you go to ring.com/speed and tell me what your upload and download speeds are? Feel free to also attach a screenshot of this as well! Lastly, let me know how far away this device is from your router in comparison to your other devices!