App not compatible with phone

Hello, I just got the ring doorbell today and find out that the app is not compatible with my device. I need this cause we have thieves that come around and we need to stop them. So please, tell me what I can do to fix this since even trying downloading it through the browser also gives me a 500 error.

You need Android 9 or newer for the app to work. If you don’t have that then you’ll have to just use your browser on your phone to log into your dashboard at Ring.com.

1 Like

will it work if I’m logged into the browser on the phone?

You’ll have to try as there’s too many variables with various phones, android versions, and browsers.

nope not working with my browser on the phone

Well, if you want to be able to access your Ring devices with your phone you’re going to have to get a newer phone.

i guess i do need to get a new one

Hi @dracbloodstone. You can review information on mobile device compatibility with the Ring app in our Help Center Article here. It’s also important to note that you do need access to the Ring app on a mobile device in order to set up your Ring Doorbell. Setup cannot be completed on Ring.com. I hope this information is helpful. :slight_smile: